Home Analyst Portal
Options

Auto assigning tickets to members of Support Groups.

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

In our organization something that we carried over from our previous tracking system was a Assigned To for every Support Group that was basically "New Ticket". This was a mechanism for the whole team to know that a new ticket has come into our groups area and that it needs to be assigned to someone.

What would be nice is if Cireson portal could do some kind of load balancing on new tickets coming into a Support Group queue.

Option 1 - Round Robin

Option 2 - Which ever analyst has the lowest number of tickets.

Is anything like this possible with Cireson?

We spend a lot of time assigning tickets and Option 2 would automate that work for the 1500 analysts that we have in our organization.

Happy new year everyone, appreciate any thoughts on this.

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Jason,

Probably quite simple with a Runbook, PowerShell Workflow or (hey, its 2024 after all) a Power Automate Flow.

My thoughts are more around practicalities of this.

What the the auto assigned analyst is unavailable either away from desk or even out on PTO?

What if they haven't the right skills?

To make the process robust and reliable, you need to build in all these factors into the automation, or... use a human.

Happy to discuss further if you want or are interested in engaging with Cireson Professional Services to build something (assuming I haven't talked you out of it).

Wonders what other folks think?

Geoff

• Options
    Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thanks for the information Geoff, was just wondering/verifying if there was anything out of box that could be 'configured' to do this that Cireson already had.

I am curious as to how other Cireson shops are handling this.