Home Analyst Portal
Options

How to remove "Instructions" ftom the portal

Veljko_SeroVeljko_Sero Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I do not need to see the instructions for service request anymore so I remove the text from "Form Instructions" from the service request offering with scsm console.  I restarted the cachebuilder and the text is gone. However. I can still see the title "Instruction" and empty space bellow. Anu idea why. Please do not tell me I have to completely re-sync cache builder. Few weeks ago I had to to run Trunkate Table  Last Modify just to get a new image.  The problem was that after that all disabled enumeration got enabled again. I hope that is not the case now but better I ask.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

I do not need to see the instructions for service request anymore so I remove the text from "Form Instructions" from the service request offering with scsm console.  I restarted the cachebuilder and the text is gone. However. I can still see the title "Instruction" and empty space bellow. Anu idea why. Please do not tell me I have to completely re-sync cache builder. Few weeks ago I had to to run Trunkate Table  Last Modify just to get a new image.  The problem was that after that all disabled enumeration got enabled again. I hope that is not the case now but better I ask.

Hello Veljko,

Would you be able to provide a screen shot? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are seeing.

Merle
  • Options
  • Options
    Helo Veljko,

Thank you for the screen shot. Changes to the service catalog happen every 24 hours unless you force a full resync of the cahcebuilder service. We have this documented in this KB - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1176#/

Merle
  • Options

Perfect. I will rather wait.  I will send the update tomorrow.

Thanks

• Options

Merle, can you please confirm your finding is correct. I  deleted  the instructions from service offering more than 24 hours ago but I can still see the same on the portal. By the way I bounced the server an hour ago but I can still see Instruction and white space bellow.

• Options
    Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

I believe that you would have to use something similar to

/* Hiding the Service Panel*/<br>#servicePanel <br>{<br>&nbsp;display:none;<br>}

but in your case you would need to reference the "isFirstPage()" function, you should look at @Vladimir_Budyak post https://community.cireson.com/discussion/845/relocate-the-on-behalf-of-control for ideas on how to do this. One thing to consider is that this is an all or nothing approach. Without making custom page forms for each page each Request Offering will show the same thing.

• Options

Thanks buddy. Long time no talk to you. I am still on v4.11 or something like that so it is possible that there was the issue with the version. Not sure.

• Options
    Just updated the title of the service request, bounced the server and I can see a new title in the portal. However the Instructions (title) is still there. With some reason cannot update the portal now. Thought Merle should know if this is the issue  with older version or there is something else.
  • Options
    Just updated the title of the service request, bounced the server and I can see a new title in the portal. However the Instructions (title) is still there. With some reason cannot update the portal now. Thought Merle should know if this is the issue  with older version or there is something else.
    Hello Veljiko,

I will need to test this version to ensure this is a bug. Do you happen to have a test lab you can upgrade and test as well in a later version?

Merle
  • Options

Well as I said I cannot do it now. If this is the issue with the version it will be strange that nobody reported this before.

• Options

It is not the version issue. I did the same on the other service offering and it worked as it should be. Than on the service offering that did not work I enter just one letter, saved it and restarted the cache builder. Then deleted  that character, saved it and restarted the service again. It worked.  Thanks

• Options
    Glad its working for you now.

Thanks for the update!
  • Options

Here is one more related question. I deleted user from AD and Service Manager. Restarted the service, website and than server as well.  If I check Configuration Items everything showing just fine. However, if I want to create the incident I can still see deleted users. The question is the same. Should it work or not? According to your article should work on startup. In this example Monkey 2 and 3 have been deleted.

I deleted those 2 test users at the different time.

• Options

Here is one more related question. I deleted user from AD and Service Manager. Restarted the service, website and than server as well.  If I check Configuration Items everything showing just fine. However, if I want to create the incident I can still see deleted users. The question is the same. Should it work or not? According to your article should work on startup. In this example Monkey 2 and 3 have been deleted.

I deleted those 2 test users at the different time.

Hello,

We actually have a KB on this - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/

How to Remove Users that have been Deleted from the ServiceManager Database

First stop the Cache Builder service and then run the following commands against the ServiceManagement DB:

• TRUNCATE TABLE CI$User
    • TRUNCATE TABLE CI$DomainGroup
    • TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified

Then restart the CacheBuilder service.

Thank you,

Merle

• Options

Mere. I understand that you have an article , but is it have to or "sometimes is necessary".?  The problem is  that after those steps are done  all disabled enumeration got enabled again. Unfortunately, every day somebody leaves ,or sometimes change name.  I understand from time to time that I may need to do it when I changed the service offering images.   However, are you really saying I have to do this every day.

• Options

okay, if this is result of the version I can accept that.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.