Home Auto Close
Options

What have you done with Auto Close?

Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Auto Close
Hello Community!

One of the things that I love about Auto Close as a user of Service Manager is that I don’t even to go back to my work items in order to close them. The amount of time I would be spending, opening up an IR, marking it as ‘Closed’, then saving the IR, could be spending looking at an IR from a customer. Add that time up over the course of a week, even up to a few months, and you’ll see that you’ve saved so much valuable time.

What functionality have you done with the Auto Close app that has allowed you or your team to free time to deal with other situations?

Comments

• Options
    Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Currently we do not have Auto Close workflow enabled. What is the best practice regarding auto close of Work Items? What have others set on their  system?
  • Options
    damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Eugene_Rack
    It has been a while. From what I have seen, companies set it at a value from 5-15 days. This time frame can either be internal or in a policy, or conveyed to the end users in the Incident Resolved and Service Request Completed. Stating that is they feel the IR/SR is not resolved or completed to their satisfaction, they have a week or whatever time period to mention it. Otherwise, a new ticket will need to be created.