Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Highlight 'Save' button in request offerings and workitem forms

Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
The location of the save button in the taskbar drawer is not intuitive and very easy to miss. Users often expect it to be at the end of the form when filling out a request offering. Similarly when editing a work item the often miss the save button thinking that making changes is enough.

The save button should in some way be highlighted/animated to draw attention from the user, making sure that they have seen it and hopefully understands that they need to use it :smile:

Did a custom solution for this but it could visually be improved and in the end some customers might not want to use something not made or supported by Cireson!

Current custom implementation:

34 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feature Request @Martin_Blomgren
    Would you see this feature being a setting in the navigation or advanced settings for the portal that can be switched on or off? Or something we should hard code?

You also stated:
    The location of the save button in the taskbar drawer is not intuitive and very easy to miss. Users often expect it to be at the end of the form when filling out a request offering. Similarly when editing a work item the often miss the save button thinking that making changes is enough.
    Would you prefer to see the buttons moved to either the top right or at the bottom of the form in the form window as a common command button as User often expect"?

• Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Brett_Moffett
    Given that not all users may want this it should definitely be a setting somewhere. Knowing our end users making a change as little as changing the color of a button confuses them so the setting would also allow for portal update but give us time to instruct users of the change. New customers after this change wouldn't have this problem so I think it should default to the new way clearly stated in the changelog.

Forms on the web most often end with a send/apply/confirm/order/login button after the input fields. Imagine making the Cireson form login page with a fixed bar at the bottom with the login button, not intuitive as were not used to it. The most logical place is inside the view (form windows) but as to where I think we could debate. For request offerings we could apply the login style after the input and when for example editing a work item it could be a save icon with text with fixed position/always on canvas so when scrolling it's always visible.

Actually not sure what would look best and most importantly be most intuitive for the end users. Will ask our internal test users for comments and hopefully others here at the community will contribute with their ideas!
  • Options
    Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Good idea, some sort of enhancement would be welcome as our users regularly miss this. For example, completing an activity they will add a comment, click ok and then think that is it and forget to click save. It would be nice if it stood out more, or there was an 'auto save' functionality involved.

• Options
    Joshua_GuereJoshua_Guere Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have been asking for this for a few years now... I had originally opened this as a feature request in 2015 and it was closed without any comments.  My request was to get rid of the Save button altogether, but now that I think about it, it's necessary to have some sort of method of notifying SCSM when you're finished filling out the form.  I modify my request to instead move it to a more noticeable location and change the text to read "Submit" when it's part of a request offering.  
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Joshua_Guere
    I understand your frustration with your comment:
    I have been asking for this for a few years now... I had originally opened this as a feature request in 2015 and it was closed without any comments. 
    This was when we had our feedback in our portal and it was impossible to track who wanted what, so that's when we moved it to this new community forum. The best part of this is we can all now vote on what others have suggested and that gives us a good idea of what is important to the community and not just individual companies.
    I hope this new forum gives you a good insight in to how we are now progressing the requests we get and comment on them as we go.

We need more votes on this one to get it up to the top of the list for inclusion in future releases.