Home Analyst Portal
Options

Modifying the Active Work View

Greg_TateGreg_Tate Customer IT Monkey ✭
How can I modify the Active Work view to hide work items set with a custom status?

For example, we have a custom status 'Converted to IR'. We would like work items set to this status to fall out of the Active Work view.

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Active Work view can be customised on a per-user basis. If you want to filter work items by their status you can do it by clicking the dropdown arrow next to a column within the view, selecting Filter and then selecting the criteria to show, like in this image:

If you wanted something like this to work across the board, you would need to create a view in the Console with the specific criteria and then Promote it to the portal. Then you could scope it from there in Navigation settings
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted something like this to work across the board, you would need to create a view in the Console with the specific criteria and then Promote it to the portal. Then you could scope it from there in Navigation settings
    Taking this statement further, how would you create a view in the console that, like Active Work, includes all work items with sub-class properties such as category, tier queue / support group, etc?
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Dynamic' views like My Work etc aren't really possible (Views that show Work based on the logged in user)

However you can create a view based on a criteria (like Support Group)

All you need to do is create the relevant view in the Console with all the relevant criteria, columns and settings and then right click this new view and click Promote.
    If you've never promoted a view before, you will need to enter the URL for the Portal first. Then you select where you want the view to be shown. 
    Re-login to the portal and you'll see this new view available to scope through Navigation Settings
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tony_Collett, I have done what you are describing here, many different times.  I have about 25 views that were created this way.  For those who are reading this and may not be aware, that is a very useful tool.

What has not worked, however, is creating a Work Item view that can display the properties of an Incident, a Service Request, and a Change Request that are not inherited from System.WorkItem.  TierQueue is not a Work Item property (it is an Incident property), and neither does Support Group (it is a Service Request Property).  If the view is only for Incidents, you can display the TierQueue very easily, because it is part of the class you have chosen for the view.  But how can this be displayed when you want a combined view of more than one Work Item class?