Add Totals To Grouped By Grid Views

Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Community,

Hopefully you all love the ability to drag a column heading into the Group By area to group by that field in all the out of the box Cireson Portal views.

Here's a little customisation, that makes that even better, by adding totals to each group heading. Very easy to see at a glance some key metrics. Eg:

How many Work Items to each member of your team - great for ticket assigment
How many Incidents of each Priority
Work Items in each Status

Hope you find it useful. Enjoy.

Geoff

Comments

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Geoff_Ross, as you can probably tell - I'm loving your solutions - amazing work!! Is there a way to allow the totals to show the total all of the work items in the search results instead of just what's on the current page? (Example: Grouping Work Items by Icon Type in Active Work view will show me the sum of what's on the page - let's say 20 SRs, 40 IRs, and 40 MAs even if there are actually 300 MAs, so if I click on page two I see the total of 100 MAs (if items per page is set to 100))

Not sure if this is possible but thought I would at least ask the question! :)

Thanks as always!
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross
    Great solution, however it only works in work item views... Could we have the same solution for the Search page?
  • Tuan_LuuTuan_Luu Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 22

Hi,

Not sure why " 'MutationObserver' is undefined" for EI 10 for Portal version 8.2 ... Any idea or hints please

// create an observer instance
     var observer = new MutationObserver(function(mutations) {

This is not working for us after upgrading to v8.4 in our DEV environment. Anyone else having issues?
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Jonathan_Boles ;
    We have the same issue - version 8.8.x
    @Jonathan_Boles ;
    I've nearly got it to work in portal 8.8.2.2016 - but it does not work if you already have it grouped when open a view. If you reset a view and then choose to group by a column then it adds the counter as i should so I guess it fires to early and no data i in the grid.

Perhaps someone has an idea on how to fix that part?

My updated version is attached.
    @Jonathan_Boles ;
    I think I've fixed it now - seems to work for me now. I've added a timeout on 100ms.
    Version 0.3 is attached.

@Mikkel_Madsen, much appreciated!