Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Team Requests - How Did YOU Achieve Accurate Results

Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Wanted to start this discussion to see how others have configured Service Manager / Portal to achieve results/accurate results for Team Requests. I have seen a couple previous threads with users experiencing difficulty in attaining  accurate results, and I too am in a similar situation.

For us, the Team Requests for Analysts appears to work flawlessly, however when we moved into configuring Service Manager/Portal for End User access, we began to run into issues. I went back and reviewed Cireson KB articles, and even the nice Walk Through Examples that Joe Burrows made available for us (below), however we continue to be unsuccessful at the Team Requests view for End User access.

As shown in Part 1 of the walk through, we setup our Custom End User to not have access to any queue, allowing only implied permissions for the user. We did engage in a support case with Cireson, and I greatly appreciated their help! Although we left with identifying that queues are necessary to be created/configured for our End Users to return results/accurate results for Team Requests. I am in the process of trying to identity how I would configured those queues to facilitate the expectations of the Team Requests view.

Would love to hear how others have configured Service Manager/Portal to facilitate the Team Requests view for End Users in your environment or in customer environments.

Walk Through – Portal Deployment Example Part 1: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/47/walk-through-portal-deployment-example-part-1#latest

Walk Through – Portal Deployment Example Part 2: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/680/walk-through-portal-deployment-example-part-2#latest

Thanks for reading and providing input, it is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Brad,

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you are expecting to see and the discrepancies you are having. A bit more detail will help you to resolve this as the Team Request view is pretty straight forward. Have you had a chance to review this article - https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/81#/

Thank you, 

Merle
  • Options

Sure thing @Merlenette_jones!

We are wanting to leverage Team Requests for departments (or teams within a department) to have the ability to see Open Incidents and/or Service Requests where the logged in user or a member of the Team Group they are in is identified as an Affected User.

The expectation is: UserA that is a member of TeamGroupA (an AD group within the same domain) sees Open Incidents and/or Service Requests where UserA or another user in TeamGroupA is the Affected User of the ticket.

I have reviewed the 'How To Configure the Team Requests View' article multiple times, and validated that the settings are correct within the Admin settings. In the log files, we can see in the logs that the web portal is enumerating the team groups and the members within them.

Thanks!

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So are these users end-users and not analyst? They have access to the workitem by queue scoping correct? You're just not seeing these work items in the Teamwork view?

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are these users end-users and not analyst? They have access to the workitem by queue scoping correct? You're just not seeing these work items in the Teamwork view?

+ 1 sounds like queue scoping is hiding the workitems from appearing in the grid.

In the guide I advice to give no queue access to end users which is a common scenario to lock down the end users access.

However for team requests you must grant ALL Queue access so users can open each others workitems and so workitems appear in the grid views.

If you still wanted endusers locked down you can set the settingitem key 'TeamGroupFilter' = true. What this then does is hides all denies access at the portal level to workitems outside the users team requests. Which is what we do on the Cireson Portal so you can only see your companies tickets and you would get access denied trying to access others tickets.

Hope that helps!
    Regards
    Joe
  • Options

Thanks for the further explanation Joe, this helped a ton!

I will definitely continue to tweak things with queues/TeamGroupFilter to try and get the tickets we are striving for as it is currently our driver for End User access :)

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Brad, 

Also check out the new Watch List feature, which effectively allows a Work Item requester to provide a list of users who can see that item in their Watch List view.

Its like Team requests but dynamic per work items, which helps in the real world of multi teams per person and not everyone in a team needing to see everything.

Geoff
  • Options
    Thank you @Geoff_Ross  and @Joe_Burrows for the help! 

For now, we have simplified with a queue where department = X, as we unfortunately do not have a way to decifer from AD values the 'sub teams' within the department. That current structure was initially being built with the TeamGroups, however aside from using extending SCSM, it seems there may not be an easy way to obtain the members of a TeamGroup to build a queue.

Geoff, the idea of dynamic groupings with the Watch List feature is a nice one too, to see how we could potentially fit that into our needs as well.