Home General Discussion
Options

URL change when viewing via Mobile

Afzal_MalekAfzal_Malek Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
Hello Cireson Community,

I recently came across something peculiar. I set up a custom search 'view' for my customer's environment. How this is set up was by going to 'Work Item Search', specifying my criteria and saved the search as its own view.

This particular view was set up with the criteria below:

This will result into something like this in the Portal:

The Portal was set up so that it is accessible via the Internet. When I click on any of the Review Activities shown above (from an Internet facing PC), it will display properly. The URL that was shown is:

https://portalurlhere/ServiceRequest/Edit/SR451090?activityId=RA451091&tab=activity

Now when I open the same via my mobile phone (on Chrome browser), I get this error:

The URL displayed was:

https://portalurlhere/ReviewActivity/edit/RA451091

Do you have any idea why it behaves like this if we access it via Mobile? Is this considered normal behaviour? Is there a way to fix this?

I'm very much looking forward to your replies, and hopefully there's a way to fix this.

Thanks again!

Answers

• Options
    R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I tested on my instance and it does the same thing. It appears that the generated URL is incorrect on the search screen when clicking the RA when in a mobile browser.

This doesn't impact us much but I can confirm that the issue occurs in our instance also using chrome on mobile device. (we are on 7.2)

• Options
    Afzal_MalekAfzal_Malek Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Hi R_Delawder,

Thank you so much for taking the time to test this out on your own instance. So it is not just on my customer's instance that it happens then.

Waiting for feedback from the Cireson Team now. Hopefully there is a ready fix for this.

It is not considered a showstopper for my customer but they would like this to be rectified.