Home Analyst Portal
Options

Replicating console Send Mail status change

Matt_ElliottMatt_Elliott Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello all, I'm wrapping up my analyst portal install and getting ready to roll it out to my techs, but I'm having troubles figuring out the best way to replicate what they're used to in the console.

They have been accustomed to sending info, requesting info and resolving via send email. I have no issues with retraining them to just use the change status for the resolution piece, but I really would like to replicate the feature that automatically changed the status to 'waiting for reply' when asking the user for additional info. 

Unfortunately, it appears that the Cireson portal only has a check-box for the status 'Pending'. Its not a deal breaker, and I can live with it, but I would like to link it to a custom status. Currently, I am hiding that checkbox, and forcing it to update the status to 'waiting for reply' whenever the send mail function is used, with the idea that they can just use the action log w/SCSM subscription for the notifications for sending info to user. But I would like a more dynamic approach by possibly detecting the Template used.

Is there anyway to hide the 'pending' checkbox, leave the status alone when using -Send info to user- template, but force it to use a custom status (waiting for reply) when the -Request Additional Info- template is used? 

I hope that makes sense. Currently we use 'Pending' for different reasons, and it's nice to be able to skim through their tickets and automatically know that they're waiting for affected user input on certain tickets based on the status waiting for reply

Answers

• Options
    Matt_ElliottMatt_Elliott Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I can't be the only one not using Pending in production. I feel handcuffed to it in the portal. We've been using the features mentioned above since the original SendMail MP from Travis Wright in 2010. Honestly, its a feature of almost all SendEmail solutions.

I'm looking for a creative way to change the status to something else besides pending. After searching, I found THIS POST and Nicholas suggests it might be possible with some customizations. Can anyone point me in the right direction as a starting point?