Home Service Manager

SCSM: Problem with e-mail subscription for Review Activities

David_DarlingDavid_Darling Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Experts, we're having some difficulty with a notification subscription, perhaps you can help us out?

We have a "When an object of the selected class is updated" subscription targeting the Review Activity class -- the trigger being when the Status changes from any status to In Progress.  The intention here is to notify all Reviewers within the Review Activity that they now have something to approve/reject.

What we're finding though is that if the "Line Manager Should Review" flag on the Review Activity is set (which populates the Reviewers with the manager of the creator -- which we use a lot), that the workflow to move the Review Activity to In Progress fires BEFORE the workflow to add the Reviewer -- meaning that our subscription fires but doesn't dispatch an e-mail to the Reviewer (because there wasn't one set when the trigger occurred), and the manager has no idea they have something to approve. 

The time difference between these workflows when this issue occurs is on average around 30 seconds, but it doesn't happen all the time -- this issue only occurs about 25% of the time, the other 75% of the time, the workflow to add the Reviewer fires BEFORE the workflow to move to In Progress, and in that case we're in good shape.

Thoughts? Suggestions?



  • Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Maybe an Orchestrator runbook to check for RAs with a status of 'In Progress', 'Line Manager Should Review' checked, has reviewer(s) and with a specific stage. When found, update the Stage field to something like 'Re-send Notification'.

    Then use the stage change as the trigger for your subscription.
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used a combo of the fix provided here 
    and Notify analyst app
    The referenced fix with the run book provides all my proper linking. 
    The notify app fires off the formatted email.
Sign In or Register to comment.