Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Support Custom Work Item Classes

Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
We can extend the core Work Item classes (Change Request, Incident, Problem, Release Record, Service Request) and then create custom portal forms so that our extensions are present in the portal.  However, apart from some of the Asset Management forms, customising other form or class aspects within the portal is difficult.

It would be extremely useful if the portal natively supported the creation of Work Item classes other than those listed above, so that they can be opened in a form and edited, just like in other Service Manager Analyst portals.
22 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Joshua_GuereJoshua_Guere Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Agreed... I have always wanted the ability to have a "Project" work item class that would retain full functionality in the Analyst Portal.  I work for an organization that over-utilizes SharePoint to the point of it being unusable and full of stale information.  If I could work IT projects into the same interface as the rest of our ITSM processes, it would be extremely helpful.
  • Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We use a third party activity workitem (checklist activity) and without that in the portal we can´t use it for our analysts.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Love seeing you guys push the limits of Cireson and SCSM. Keep going! There's *some* movement on this in v9, coming soon but not all the details are worked out yet. It might not be a full solution as need but its a exciting step in the right direction. Stay tuned.
  • Jan_SchulzJan_Schulz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Geoff_Ross thank you for the answer. we have quite a complex service manager environment. Microsoft has already told us in the past that we are very far ahead in the use of the product. Sometimes this is not so great, because there is not always a solution :-(
     But I'm happy that the Cireson portal is progressing very well, so that we can work even better with the product. We use almost the entire System Center Suite and work more and more according to the ITIL processes in our organization. That's why I sometimes have such special requirements :-).