We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add Cireson Knowledgebase to the SharePoint Search Engin

In our organization the entire Intranet is build in SharePoint. All of our knowledge-base (FAQ's) are currently on the Service desk Intranet page. At this moment our users can search for an FAQ from any place of our Intranet. If we want to use the Cireson Knowledge-base, we lose the possibility that user can search on our Intranet and find our FAQ's/Knowledge base. It would be very helpful if the SharePoint search engine also can search through the Cireson Knowledge-base.
3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• John_LongJohn_Long Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This isn't exactly a portal feature is it? It's more for the SharePoint farm I would imagine?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    One of my users' biggest complaints is how inaccurate KB searches are.  I would say that if there was a web service API for text-based article searches that was more contextual (or keyword based) and less about counting the number of times a word appears in the body, that might solve both of our problems here.

In that case it would be a portal feature and it should get you what you want.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Have your SharePoint admin add the Cireson Database to the search taxonomy. We do this for work items.