Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

show all workitems of an enduser quickly

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

This is our use case:

1. enduser calls an employee of our ICT Service desk and talks about some recent tickets where he was affected to
  2. service desk analyst needs to search the whole ticket history of that specific user, the get an overview.
    therefore we know 2 inconvenient ways:
    - open an existing workitem, click on the "i"-symbol, next to the affected user, click on more details, click on requests
    - open search function, delete default filter (because you cannot chose "affected user" there...), add each of the workitem categories separately, chose "affected user" on each of the workitem category filters, set the affected user, hit the search button

Isn't there any better solution for that? We've got about 1000 endusers and about 10 analysts, most of the time, the analysts don't know the request history of an enduser, so they have to spend a lot of time searching for all the workitems of an affected user, to know their history  My suggestion would be to implement one more item in the search bar dropdown list, where you can just select an enduser and show all of the requests without struggling.Please let me know if there is already a solution like that.thanks and best regardsSilas

11 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You can use the filter functionality of the Affected User column in e.g. Active Work to simply write the users name, and it will shows tickets for that user:

• Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
     Hi Konstantin, thanks for your reply! :) Unfortunately that does not solve our problem, because your suggestion doesn't show closed workitems. We need the closed items even more than active items, because our customers are always calling like "I've had that problem already 2 months ago ...", so it's referred to closed items. Thanks indeed.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Ah okay. Then you could make a custom page with a table widget, based on a saved search for closed (or just all) work items, where you could apply the filter.

These are of course just suggestions for work arounds, as the functionality you are requesting would be really nice to have!
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Silas_Sulser Do you have the SCSM search turned on?
    It looks like this:

@Adrian_Mataisz not yet, how can I enable or achieve that?

Thanks Adrian, thats a nice workarround, the only "bad" thing about that is, that the legacy search cannot search for all types of work items:

You always have to specify the work item type. But its still nice, and I thank you very much for your help! :)

This "Portal Asset Search" was exactly what I was looking for.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/57/portal-asset-search#latest

Thanks for sharing that solution!