Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

My Active Work Items, add attachments without opening item

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
MAWI makes navigating work items crazy quick and easy, but still requires an analyst to open the work item in order to get at the attachments (add/remove).

It'd be great to either have MAWI's right click support "Add Attachment" or the preview pane contained within MAWI feature a new button (alongside the Activity/Print shortcuts) for "Add Attachments"
6 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Voting for this one also. Also have an icon in the grid to show if the item has an attachment.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adrian_Mataisz that icon does exist, doesn't it? If you have an item selected with an attachment, the preview pane has the paper/clipboard attachment?
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Adam - on what version are you?  We are on 4.0 and I don't see any preview pane.
    MAWI mp v7.5.2004.70 
    Looks like you can't upload images, but that's ok! Cireson's product page for MAWI, the very first screenshot shows what i'm referring too - http://cireson.com/apps/my-work-items/
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Preview Pane is actually an independent app from MAWI. Its not included with MAWI
  • Jacob_LantzJacob_Lantz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    The brilliant thing about Preview Pane is that you can just drag and drop to add files as attachments to cases. I use it all the time and think it's a great feature! You can also open the items directly from the PP as well as remove them by right clicking on the attachment in the PP.
    http://cireson.com/apps/preview-pane/

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    The downside of a preview pane is it can conflict with customized forms, this is by MS design... or rather lack of.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/46e33e38-2031-44e5-9503-95af8468da23/custom-manual-activity-forms-not-doing-what-they-should

It's a good thing there was this thread, I encountered the same issue this week where for 2 years it had been working, but suddenly last week it didn't.  There was no management pack upgrades during that time and all forms were already imported from way back.  There was no Security Role, Group, or Queue changes at all, or any UR upgrades.  Another Ticket custom form was working which was confusing, why would one work and the other not.  After troubleshooting this nigh impossible issue, it appears that when the server is restarted or some other criteria is met, the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Service Manager\Health Service State" is refreshed and that is where the point of failure lies.

The Health Service State folder which stores the Cache of the SCSM Server contains a huge amount of data.  It's my theory it will query the database for custom forms and if it finds more than one for a particular ticket it will simply use the first result returned, because the query isn't sorted in any particular order it adds a degree of unpredictability, the outcome isn't necessarily random but rather unstable due to unforeseen circumstances by a sub-par programmer.  It's the only way I can explain the behaviour that we've witnessed.

A possible but unreliable solution would be continuously stopping the SCSM services on the server, deleting the folder, starting the services to rebuild the folder until the coin toss comes out in your favour, but for more and more custom form conflicts, the probability of getting them all right becomes exponentially harder.

Ex.  Let's say you have 5 coins with 2 sides (Heads and Tails) and you need to land each one on "Heads" in one go

Using Probability theory which is (Favourable Outcomes\Possible Outcomes):
    # of Possible Outcomes == 2^5 == 32 non-repeating combinations.
    # of Favourable Outcomes == 1 == only 1 outcome is valid (all Heads).

1 / 32 == The likelihood that you'll get all Heads is 3.125% which is not in your favour and therefore unreliable!!!

Needless to say this would not go over well saying I'll fix it by playing the odds over and over, boss!

Real Solution:  Get rid of all the custom forms for a ticket except the one you require because MS made bad code and you must compromise as a result.  It may not have been their intention, but that appears to be the design and ultimately by design is how it will function.