Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

PowerShell Activities - Push update to templates

Every PowerShell activity in a template has a reference to the PowerShell script GUID. It's a pain to update each and every template that uses these scripts manually. I would like the ability to push an updated script to all templates.
13 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    It is also proving painful to locate where the scripts are used. With Orchestrator, there was a list of templates that use the runbook in the SCSM Runbook form.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This isn't an ideal solution and it has some major downside; but it is working for me. In the PSA I pass the needed variables to an external PowerShell script. This way, I can update the script outside of the PSA without needing to update the templates using the PSA.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be nice, and I'm sure it could be done, but the trouble is, this is not how Templates work within SCSM. When you reference another object, it just copied it rather than making a reference. Same thing if you add an Manual activity from a custom template to a CR and then update that MA Template. The CR will not be changed.