Home Notify Analyst

New Notify Analyst App - Action Log Notification - Inserting Work Item Parameters

David_WellsDavid_Wells Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
We are testing the new Notify Analyst App and I'm running into issues with Inserted Parameters not displaying in the Emails when they have been added to the Email Template.

From what I can work out the Targeted Class of the Email Template needs to be "Work Item", and there is no problem inserting work item parameters (ID, Title, etc) into the email template, it just that the parameters don't display in the email sent. 

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Answers

• David_WellsDavid_Wells Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks Brian, testing now. :)
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Anyone having issues when it comes to the Cireson Work Item Action Log Notification Workflow?  I can see the workflows failing. I'm fairly new to this so not sure why:

Error code
    Error message

Task submission error

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
       at Cireson.Assignment.Workflows.WorkItemActionLogNotifyWorkflow.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
       at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
       at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Followed the template config above.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <head>
        <title>SR Reference [$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_SupportingItem_Library!System.Information']/Id$] has recently been updated.</title>
        <style type="text/css">
            .style1
            {
                width: 75%;
                border: 1px solid #808080;
                background-color: #D8F6CE;
                font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                font-size: small;
            }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small">

<p>Hello </p>
        <p>A service request [$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_SupportingItem_Library!System.Information']/Id$] assigned to you has recently been updated. </p>
    <p> </p>
    <h1 style="font-size:120%;">Details</h1>
    <table cellspacing="10" class="style1" frame="border">
            <tr>
                <td valign="top"><strong> Comments:</strong></td>
                <td valign="top"><pre style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small">$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.CommentLog']/Comment$</pre></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td valign="top"><strong> Comments Entered by:</strong></td>
                <td valign="top"><pre style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small">$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.CommentLog']/EnteredBy$</pre></td>
            </tr>
    <tr>
                <td><strong>Comment Created:</strong></td>
                <td><pre style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small">$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.CommentLog']/EnteredDate$</pre></td>
            </tr>
        </table><br>
        <p>Please review this request in full via this <a href="http://scsm-webportal-live.open.ac.uk/ServiceRequest/Edit/$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$/">IT Service Portal</a> link, or the analyst console.</p>
    </body>
    </html>

All other aspects of the app are fine.

Thanks for your help.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @David_Wells - I'm seeing the same issue. The only data I can get to display in the email template is from the "Trouble Ticket Analyst Comments" related class. I can't get any of the Work Item or Incident data from the 'Has Analyst Comment' or 'Work Item Has Comment Log' related classes to render in the e-mail that I receive.

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @S_Terry: Are you using your template in the "NEW" Action Log Notify that is now bundled in the Notify Analyst app?

If not and you're still using the "OLD" Action log notify, I had to move all of my non-inline CSS styles to an external CSS file. The old Action Log notify get tripped up on the curly brackets.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge it is the new one but I will double check with our product team. Thanks
  • Dean_RigelsfordDean_Rigelsford Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited October 2017
    @David_Wells - I'm seeing the same issue. The only data I can get to display in the email template is from the "Trouble Ticket Analyst Comments" related class. I can't get any of the Work Item or Incident data from the 'Has Analyst Comment' or 'Work Item Has Comment Log' related classes to render in the e-mail that I receive.

Had troubles at the start with the email showing the ID etc, we had to use SeedRole='Target' similar to another one of our templates.

[$Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketHasAnalystComment' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id$]
  • Amarjit_DhillonAmarjit_Dhillon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'm getting some strange things happening. When Service Requests have comments being added to the action log, the Trouble Ticket User Comment Log Template is being fired off.  I thought that the Trouble Ticket User Comment Log Template was only used for incidents and not sure when it is being fired off for Service Requests,