Home General Discussion

How can I create multiple user fields in a request offering form ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
In my Request Offering's prompts, I want to add a few fields that are users of the portal. First of all, I want to create a On Behalf Of field (when the request is created on behalf of someone else) that maps to the Affected User field in the incident.

Next, in the same form I need to add a Manager field and Contact field that are also users.

I don't need to select from a list, I just want the same behavior as the Affected User field in an incident template where you just type a few letters and then select the right name.

How can I do that ?

Answers

• Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Stephane_Bouillon
    Out of the box this is not possible currently, but you could try using the ROToolbox , this will give similar functionality to the request on behalf of, for other user selections. The Toolbox can be found here

Make sure to test it thoroughly in your environment.
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your pointers Jeff. I'm amazed that this is not available out of the box, especially since the code is already there on the incident page and does exactly what I need. Its also much more performant than using a query filter. Do you know if there is a feature request open for this ?