Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.
Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.
For Team Cireson uploads click here.
Small enhanced SendEmail App
based on the original sendEmail Script from Cireson, I have created a small enhanced sendEmail app for the Cireson Portal by using the Exchange EWS functionality with some features.
There are only a few requirements:
- the user must have access to the Exchange EWS services (an Exchange Admin can help to enable this).
- a few localization values have to be added to the Portal to enable multi language support of the script
- and finally, the custom.css has to be extend with a few settings.
The functionality includes using the Cireson Portal users as an "address book source" - so no typing of the email address and multiple file attachments with drag and drop, too.
(it is possible to use the users outlook address book – but this functionality is not implemented currently.)
The sent mail will be in the sent-items mailbox of the user - so no general sent-from address will be used.
The app was tested with on premise Exchange 2012 / 2016 and Portal 8.2.x.
- copy the .js and .html file to a subdirectory named “RKSendEmail” within the customspace folder.
- add the content of the RKSendEmail.css file to your custom.css file,
- execute the SQL File (in SQL Server Management Studio etc.) to create the localization strings
- adjust the following line in rksendemail.js (approx.
line 568) with your Exchange EWS URL
request.open("POST", "https://w2012r2mxs.roki.loc/EWS/Exchange.asmx", true);
- and finally add this line to your custom.js file:
If the Exchange Server is in another AD Domain as the current user it could be difficult to use this script due to security restrictions – but if you have access to the EWS Frontend web.config file it is possible.
It is not tested with Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Solution (Office365 etc.) so far.