Home Analyst Portal

Any function similar to Service Now 'time clock'?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
When working in a ITSM tool, often times there is a need to go back and work on a ticket that was previously worked on.  Does Cireson have anything similar to the Service Now 'time clock' function.  Basically it is an audit trail of all the work items viewed/edited by the logged in user.

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a customization posted here from a couple years ago that gets close to that: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/648#Comment_648

Not the same, but close.  They would have to save the ticket after sitting on it, for example.

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    In quickly looking at this, this is a way to keep track of the amount of time spent on tickets.  What I'm looking for is a feature like Windows Timeline or Service Now 'time clock'.   It basically shows the HISTORY of tickets that the analyst has touched.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    For that, you would need to perform some customization.  If I had this requirement, I would do something similar to this: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3451/locking-the-work-item

Whether or not you actually want to "lock" the work item or not is not important (although we did this and it was an extremely beneficial move).  What is important here is that this code creates an object that logs the work item, the person, and when they touched it.  Some of the changes you would need to make:
    • (optional) remove the code that locks the ticket if it sees another user in the last 30 seconds
    • Remove the interval that re-establishes the "lock" object every 30 seconds--once per page load would suit your needs, it sounds like
    • Simplify the code to create a new object each time with the current date stamp, regardless of whether one already exists, rather than attempting to update the current lock.

So it is really taking this overall approach and having it do less.  You could also have a look at this and start something similar from scratch, of course.

Once the objects of a certain class are being created, you can easily display a list of them either as related objects or in a DB query (I would do the latter).

There are other ways of doing this that you may prefer, of course, but this seems simplest to me personally.