Home Analyst Portal
Options

Due Date for an Incident?

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
Our office used to use BMC Service Desk Express to track Incidents before moving over to SCSM and Cireson. BMC had the option to enter a "Due Date" on an Incident that doesn't appear in SCSM. Has anyone run into this before?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff

I was wondering about the ITIL approach on incidents. I stumbled across a few SCSM articles out there that speak about SLAs that would set the Target End Date in SCSM as you mentioned. I like this idea better than just having someone set a manual date. But of course I suppose it's up to the unit manager to decide (in our case) what the SLA should be.

I've been encouraging our Help Desk folks to let me know what they'd like to see in SCSM / Cireson. We've gotten a few responses such as this and I don't want to discourage the folks from asking. They're a pretty smart bunch though.

I'll take a look at the RequiredBy property and see what I can do with that.

Thanks again!

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi. Yes always a tough balance between giving folk what they want (or think they want) and what is best for good practice. Following ITIL to the letter is unlikely to bring much success.

The Target End Date is a property on an SLO which the system will relate to the incident for you once all configured. Nothing will see the Required By except a person either directly on the IR form or mapped from an Offering.

Keep encouraging the requests and post any here you don't know what to do with.

Geoff