Out of box Analytics are not reflecting accurate numbers?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

So, trying to get value from the Analytics 'dashboard' that is out of box.  Is there any documentation on what these views are showing?   I look at "Top Affected Users" and am looking at "Top Affected Users with Most Incidents" and then I filter it to YESTERDAY.  And I get some information, but if I look at my data and pull all Incidents from yesterday and determine what user has the most, what is reported on the Analytics dashboard doesn't match up.

It only shows one "Affected User" who is showing three incidents.  They did have three incidents, but there were two other 'affected users' that I have INCIDENTS for that are not showing up in the Analytics dashboard.

Any existing documentation on this specifically or help or thoughts?

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there is a delay on when the CiresonAnalytics DB that some of them point to gets updated.  That might be the issue here.

We use our own dashboards that point directly at the source data, for this reason and others.  I'm still trying to figure out the usefulness of the Analytics DB, frankly.  The dashboards themselves, on the other hand, are a wonderful addition when we have them pointing at better data.
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thanks Tom, any idea what the delay is?

Cireson, do you have any documentation on the queries that create these graphs?
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Just touching base on this one.   We do not create many work items over the weekends, so for "Top Affected Users" I looked at what YESTERDAY showed and the Analytics displays one 'affected user' as being the top 'affected user' from yesterday.  I don't find any work items CREATED, RESOLVED, or CLOSED for that user.

What am I missing?   As is, I think this is a bug, is it?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has been largely ignoring this DB for a while, I'm going to defer to Cireson on both points, not just the docs.