Home Asset Management

How to reference a Cireson Asset Management Location from a custom configuration item class ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi, I followed the steps in the article How To: Use Custom Relationship Types in Custom Forms in the Cireson Portal to create a custom config item named Institution (which is a Customer of ours). I have added a ServedByLocation relationship that points to the Location object, and added an object picker to a form in my MP (so as to create the necessary TypeProjection). I also added another relationship KeyAccountManager that points to a user, and I added a user picker to the custom form.

When I import the MP and create an instance of my custom Institution object, it shows my custom form as expected. However, while I can select a user for the KeyAccountManager field, when I try to select a location, I don't see any of the locations that are available in the Cireson Asset Management Locations list. Actually there are no location objects at all.

What am I doing wrong ? I must be overlooking something obvious ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

My guess is that the Location referenced is actually not the Cireson Asset Management Location object but another generic System Location object. Can I insert the right reference using the Authoring Tool or do I need to tweak the XML manually ?

Thanks for your time and effort Tom, I attempt to - using the authoring tool - link the ServedByPos field to the right Location object, but in the selection list, none of the Cireson Asset Management classes are shown. Do I need to edit the xml manually ?

My ultimate goal is to use the portal to manually perform CRUD operations on Institutions using the UI.
    Thanks Jeff, that was it. So now I have a custom "Institution" class and I have a form to edit items in the console. However, I want to edit and create institutions via the portal. What steps do I need to take for this ? Is there a blog or documentation that describes this ?
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom CI editing should be coming in the portal soon.  It's not available yet by default.  In the mean time, you can create a custom page to accomplish this, but it's not as easy as customizing one of the Asset management forms.  I can share a bit of what I've done for custom CI editing if you like, but it might just be better to wait for it to be available in the portal.
    Thanks, unfortunately I need it now. Is there a documentation available on how to create a custom page ? Maybe by copying an existing page and doing some modifications ?