Home Advanced Request Offering

User Input Json

I watched a training video that showed how to use the Multiple mapping feature to map User Input to json.  

That option is not available. There is a User Input property and this appears to collect user input whether or not you map it and it does not appear to create json. 

Am I missing something?  

Is there a new/better way to extract this information from the service request?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the Training Video that you're referring to, but I have seen the input of an RO mapped in json format to an extended property.  You'll have to pre-format the json string for the extended property in the multiple mapping to accept the input of each prompt.
  • Harold_HarrisHarold_Harris Customer IT Monkey ✭
    The video I am talking about is here the part I am talking about starts about 27:42.

I am trying to do exactly what they are doing in the video.  Take multiple inputs from a SR and use them as parameters in a PowerShell Activity.

I am not sure what you mean by pre-format the json string.  This is what I am using for the mapping  {"Employee":"userprompt "}

Thanks

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    The property they are using it that video, is a custom created property on the WI. You can create such properties with the SCSM Authoring Tool by extending the needed WI class.

User Input is a OotB property, which holds all the filled-out prompts. You can use this directly in PS as a PS object.
  • Harold_HarrisHarold_Harris Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I found another way of getting the data out.  I am sure it is the long/wrong/hard way of doing it but it is working for me.

Know if I could just get PSA to work as expected.