Home Service Manager

Hidden Catalog Group

Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'd like to hide a catalog group from the general community, and it seems I've done the job too well. I've created the group, assigned role permissions, and published the offering/request. But the target audience and general community can't "see" the request. But, administrative users (myself) can see the request.

The target audience can browse the catalog using a MSFT self-service portal and they "see" the offering. I've asked the client to clear their browser cache, I've restarted the cache builder service, and truncated the dB tables to force a rebuild without success. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere and advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello, thanks for the references. In the original posting I mentioned catalogs, groups, requests, and offerings and most certainly confused the terms. Users can "see" the Service Offering through the MSFT Self Service portal, but can not "see" it through the Cireson Portal.

When I reported the problem to the forum I had reset the Cache and it seems that after a few days have past the target audience can "see" the offering/request. So, thanks for the advice and we'll call this good!

Answers

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Jay_Rhoten how did you scope permissions?

Currently the Cireson Portal can only restrict access to Catalog Items at a Service Offering level, any restrictions on individual Request Offerings will not take affect in the Cireson Portal.

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1257#/

• Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello, thanks for the references. In the original posting I mentioned catalogs, groups, requests, and offerings and most certainly confused the terms. Users can "see" the Service Offering through the MSFT Self Service portal, but can not "see" it through the Cireson Portal.

When I reported the problem to the forum I had reset the Cache and it seems that after a few days have past the target audience can "see" the offering/request. So, thanks for the advice and we'll call this good!