New feature request / bug report for free ticker app.
Hi guys, I have found that Configuration Manager Ticker (free) is really great addition to SCCM Admin console. It is an excellent idea. THANK YOU.
I would like to deploy it to all productions workstations (around 5500 of them), but it would be even better if some new features are added.
- Please add option to install the ticker client, but don't display it on the system tray. I experienced a few times when user closes that app (they have rights since this app run as current logged on user) and announcements will not be displaying. Right now I deployed Compliance Baseline with the script that checks if the Ticker App is running and if it's running as a user (not as a system account) and start the process as currently logged on user if it isn't compliant (every 30 minutes).
- Also add option to automatically restart Ticker app if it's closed by End User.
- When new update/version of the client comes out, please add notification about it to the Admin console only, so we don't have to wory about calls to the help desk asking about popup message.
- BUG: Please disable "Enter" key to send out announcements that has not been finished/checked. Currently if you're typing the message and accidentally press "Enter" ,that unfinished announcement will be sent.
- Once new version of the client is released, please set it to default to do upgrade of the old client to avoid running separate command
Is there any way to set default colors for different type on announcements? For example: For severity Information Background Blue, Text White, and for Critical set Background RED and text Yellow.