Home Service Manager

SMTP Relay Help

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get SMTP Relay setup to work through O365. Currently we are using an on-prem Exchange server for SMTP Relay, but I want to use O365 instead as we plan to go full cloud with Exchange in the near future. Has anyone ever done this and if so, can you tell me what you had to do?

I have been using the following link to try and make this work, but have been unsuccessful so far:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3

Answers

• CaterhamITSupportCaterhamITSupport Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have got this working fully with the cloud, what version of service manager you using and do you have the connector working at the moment?

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Good afternoon

I have a similar issue. We use Cloud based email. I am using the smtp.office365.com in SCSM Orchestrator and it works perfectly.

Looking at the Cireson portal and under Admin Settings / Email settings we currently use an internal SMTP server but that will be decommissioned shortly. When I enter the SMTP.OFF..... details, the username of the mail account and password and do a test email it waits for about 10 seconds then fails.

Is there something else that needs updating. Also I assume the settings in the SCSM Management console for the Cireson itnetx settings is not used now or is overridden by the Portal setting?

Kind regards

Eugene

Current Portal Version: 8.3.1.2016

Management Pack Version: 7.7.2016.185