Home Analyst Portal

How can I customize the Knowledge Manager Dashboard?

Erik_DixonErik_Dixon Customer IT Monkey ✭

/View/47ce90b3-9820-4dc5-9367-be10952144dd

I would like to add Date Created, Date Modified, and Created By

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Erik_Dixon - You can't actually customize that grid (at least not easily). You can however create a dashboard page that you can add a grid too. You could do an odata table widget which will allow you to edit the click behavior from within the portal letting you click through to the articles by editing the 'Custom Desktop template'. The problem with that option is the relationships like 'Owner' and 'Created By' will only display the GUID and not the actual user.

Another option on the dashboard page would be to create a SQL Table Widget targeting the KnowledeArticle table. This would let you get all the fields you wanted along with joins to make sense of the relationships. The downside here is, you can't click through to the article without implementing some custom javascript.

For the most seamless experience, I'd probably go with option B (SQL table widget) and make use of this customization from @joivan_hedrick

• Erik_DixonErik_Dixon Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the reply.. I will look at Joivan's form. As you mentioned, either you get a GUID and/or you can't click through to the article. Those were the stumbling blocks I ran up against.