Home Service Manager
Options

Has anyone experienced datawarehouse columns disappearing and incorrect data being mapped?

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We recently noticed that the incident tier queue id column disappeared from the DWDataMart and that the tier queue name is filled with enums. We have raised a support call with Microsoft and the primary focus is on getting a fix, before focusing on the cause.

For my own curiosity, I wondered if anyone in the community has come across this and if they have a known cause(s)?

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sean_Terry - I have seen this before in a customer environment, but I'm not sure what the cause was. It seems like it might have been related to list items that were removed, but I can't be 100% sure on that.

• Options
    Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman Thanks. Microsoft are helping us out and we were just given some more information:

SCSM has an ETL (extract, transform and load) process which synchronizes the data from the operational database (ServiceManager) to the final data resting place (DWDataMart). Along the way, there are several tasks that the jobs take to help ensure they don't fail. One of these tasks is when the ETL moves list items through the DW, specifically within the transform job. List values are made up of their displaystring values and the GUIDs which represent them. What can happen is the GUID (enumeration id) can get to the transform job before the display string value. When this occurs, rather than failing, the transform job adds the enumeration id as both the id and the display string value. This helps, right? Well, not really, because we now have enum.GUID values in our reports. :(