Home General Discussion

Email and Text/SMS notifications

In my previous companies, Service Manager drove notifications and escalations.

Example: An issue is reported. That issue was given a priorty based on severity and assigned to the appropriate work group.

The ticket management system would then page out the primary oncall for that work group with the Ticket Title and severity.

If the ticket was not acknowledge within X minutes, the system would send a second notice.

If the ticket was still not acknowledged after X minutes, the primary and secondary oncall would be notified and finally the manager.

We could schedule out on-call rotations and notifications rules based on severity.

Is this something Cireson can or does support?

Best Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

I've done something very similar. The idea was anytime an Incident's Priority was set/updated to 1 or 2, a new Incident Template is applied that has an Orchestrator Runbook attached that includes SMS notifications with said properties.

It all comes down to your process and your trigger criteria. That said, what you're describing sounds pretty doable following SCSM/SCO style logic above.

Answer ✓

That is correct sir!

Answers

edited February 2021 Answer ✓

I've done something very similar. The idea was anytime an Incident's Priority was set/updated to 1 or 2, a new Incident Template is applied that has an Orchestrator Runbook attached that includes SMS notifications with said properties.

It all comes down to your process and your trigger criteria. That said, what you're describing sounds pretty doable following SCSM/SCO style logic above.

• Jeff_GreenburgJeff_Greenburg Member IT Monkey ✭

Thank you Adam. This is helpful and provides me a direction.

To be sure I am not missing an element here. SCSM/SCO would not require or need Cireson to execute the notification process. We would create a rule set that would call up the Orchestrator runbook step that applied to the given action.

Answer ✓

That is correct sir!