Home Service Manager

Regular Expressions in Portal vs Console

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

When you configure a prompt using a regular expression, should that work for both the Portal and the Console? I've been trying out a couple different expressions to get user input validation for a prompt, and the Regular Expressions only seem to work in the Portal. We have a lot of users that put in requests with the Console, so I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong...

Best Answer

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ian_Stephenson - The RegEx only works for Request Offerings in the portal. I think you could probably build custom regex validation with a custom console form, but that would probably require using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions.

Answers

Answer ✓

@Ian_Stephenson - The RegEx only works for Request Offerings in the portal. I think you could probably build custom regex validation with a custom console form, but that would probably require using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions.

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman well, that wasn't the answer I was hoping for but I won't lie, it was the one I was expecting to get...thanks for the info!

• Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭

@Justin_Workman Does that also apply to text length constraints if I left the inputs as regular text entries? I hadn't thought of testing that before to see if limiting the length only applies to the Portal and not the Console.

The constraints applied to ROs don't have any impact on the regular work item forms. Once again custom constraint or validation would have to be done in a custom form definition.