Home Advanced Request Offering

Exposing a reviewer in a Review Activity

Hi,

we're looking at sending notifications to reviewers when a Review Activity is raised. This works well, however we'd like to have the Reviewer Name(s) exposed in the Email template.

Is this possible?

Something like this:

$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.ReviewActivityHasReviewer' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Activity_Library!System.Reviewer']$?$DisplayName$?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this would work. The relationship isn't a 1:1 relationships (as with Affected User for example). I'm not sure if that property syntax for notifications can call out a specific instance of the relationship. Also, it's not a direct relationship. The reviewer user is a 2-step relationship. The RA is related to a Reviewer. The Reviewer is related to the actual user.

• Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Justin,

which one do you suggest: ?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Adam_Stoppa - Reviewers is the "correct" relationship, I just don't think you can target instances of the relationship.

I expect your use case is like send a notification to each reviewer with something that says something like this:

Hi <DisplayName of Reviewer>.

Please go review this activity <link to activity here>

The problem with this is when you're writing the RA template, it doesn't enumerate the reviewer relationship. The Notify Analyst workflow will enumerate the relationship and send a distinct notification for each reviewer, but there's not a way (to my knowledge) to traverse the SCSM relationship/property syntax in the template for each distinct reviewer.

• Adam_StoppaAdam_Stoppa Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Justin,

thank you for yout try.