Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Conditional portal WI form required fields

Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Currently, portal form .js contains a boolean option whether or not the portal should require user input to a work item field (such as the IR's Urgency & Impact fields).

Unfortunately this option doesn't work too well for WI's that have process (activities) built into their base templates

For example, the Implementation Results field should be required but *only* after the CR's implementation activity has been completed and the CR moves to a validation stage. I don't think driving any logic from the stage value makes sense, but rather something more specific to a given template- such as the ChildId of the activity.

I am thinking of either a new (or updated?) portal field in the form .js similar to ConditionalRequired:12345 This would force users to enter data in the field when activity with ChildId = 12345 is active.

This suggestion does raise a couple questions:

1) how to handle it when the portal form displays a WI that does not contain the ChildId (I assume default to not required?)

2) coexistence/compatibility with the existing Required option since both allowed values are already spoken for.

3) I could envision a similar update to the Disabled option might be useful as well... something along the lines of disabling a field to prevent someone from updating a field at an inappropriate time.

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated