Home Advanced Request Offering

Token for Current User

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have a (maybe stupid) question about the Advanced Request Offering and the Token from the current user.

In a query result picker it is possible to select the "Token: Portal User Name" and set is as token in the criteria. Which data is inside this token? Is it "only" the user guid and the username, or are some other values also stored, e.g. Office, display name and so on?

And if yes, would it be possible to add some of these values to the criteria builder? For example I could say:

Show all hardware assets, where the primary user office = the office from the current portal user.

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

Not a stupid question at all. I think would be brilliant because the only way to work it right now is to great a ton of extra relationships eg ComputerInOfficeOfUser which would be hugely complex.

I wonder if its possible by hacking up the XML?

@Adam_Dzyacky What do you think?

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Simon_Zeinhofer

Not a stupid question at all. I think would be brilliant because the only way to work it right now is to great a ton of extra relationships eg ComputerInOfficeOfUser which would be hugely complex.

I wonder if its possible by hacking up the XML?

@Adam_Dzyacky What do you think?

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Geoff_Ross I saw this one has made it's way to the Roadmap for 2023, AWESOME! :)