Home General Discussion
Options

Custom Grid Actions to OOTB Grids

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

Maybe someone from Cireson might answer this:

With version 11.8 custom actions to Grid Views got added. As we want Analysts to be able to add/remove Activities and/or Inactive Items via checkbox and not set it definitely inside an oData query, we would like to stick to the OOTB Team Work and My Work views.

So, are there any thoughts about adding these custom actions (I mean the 3 which got added recently) to the OOTB views some time in the future?

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

...we want Analysts to be able to add/remove Activities and/or Inactive Items via checkbox and not set it definitely inside an oData query...

While it's under consideration, this is something that has made its way to the roadmap for more control around Custom Grids and thus specifically the MyWork and TeamWork endpoints. Is this your primary blocker from using Custom Grids or is there something else?

• Options

@Adam_Dzyacky For the first part yes.

The second part would be, if the custom My Work and Team Work will have some sort of auto refresh in it? Maybe the ootb does not have that either, but I thought so.

If it is possible to control Activities and/or inactive items with a checkbox, I would consider creating our own Team/My Work Dashboard with the custom actions in it :)

• Options

@Adam_Dzyacky After updating to 11.8.2 and creating a custom Team Work (so we can use custom actions), I noticed 2 things, which prevent me from make this custom view visible to anyone:

1. Grouping by a column is not working in Odata dashboards. Everytime I refresh the page or navigate back to a page with an odata dashboard in it, all the groupings I made, are reversed. Also the max number of items per page is resetted to 20. I have an incident open for that. Maybe this is just something which occurs in our system 🙈
    2. When I use the column support group (as in the OOTB Team Work), nothing is shown, no matter which Work Item is in the grid. Ofc I could use the TierQueue and rename it, but then I would have to add a support group column for every WI type, which would overload the page imo. I guess there are some more property types, where the property is not shown, because it is named differently in the respecting WI type.

If it weren't for these 2, I would've already implemented our own Team Work with the Custom Actions in it :)

• Options

+1