Home Powershell Activity
Options

Unable to view scripts i Powershell Activity

Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

After we had to restore the databases for our Service Manager environment I'm unable to open or create powershell scripts in the Powershell Activity module. I receive the error message "You do not have sufficient priviledge to access the Service Manager database." My user account has sysadmin access to the SQL server and my account is also a member of the Administrators role in Service Manager. What could be causing this error?

Answers

• Options
    Bryan_LalorBryan_Lalor Customer IT Monkey ✭

Can you confirm that this exists under your tasks and is selected for your Admin Roll?

• Options

@Bryan_Lalor yes the tasks for Cireson Powershell Activity are there and my account is a member of the Out of the Box Administrators role that has access to all tasks in Service Manager

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Joakim

Are you a local admin on the client / server you have the console installed on?

Geoff

• Options

@Geoff_Ross My account has local admin access on our primary management server. It's on that server I'm trying to open the powershellscripts in the Powershell Activity module.

• Options
    Bryan_LalorBryan_Lalor Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 7

@joakim_Normann Probably a long shot but my account is also a dba on sql itself. I haven't had a chance to test if that is necessary, but might be worth a shot. Since you are already admin on the client server and the sql server. Another thing you can try is making a new user roll with just the cireson powershell task selected and put yourself in there to make sure that permission is in place.

• Options

@Bryan_Lalor I tried adding the powershell tasks to another user role and added my account to that role, but unfortunately it didn't help.

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Joakim,

The reason for the local admin, is that the app works by reading the registry to find out the database connection string, then reads the RunAs accounts, directly from the database.

Can you connect to SQL and read data from the ServiceManager DB directly as yourself on that server? You could test with PowerShell.

Geoff