Home Analyst Portal
Options

Direct Link on Homepage

Akshita_JainAkshita_Jain Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have a service manager enhancement request to add a title in the Home page of the service manager "Assistance & learning" which when clicked will direct us to the SharePoint link in the new tab.
Could you please advise how we can achieve this?

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Akshita,

This could certainly be achieved with but adding a new Service Offering with a single Advanced Request Offering in it.
    You would use the direct link feature of the Advanced Request Offering to link to the SharePoint site.

Alternatively, I believe you have JavaScript running on the homepage to reformat the look and feel of the icons so you could add your extra "dummy" offering just int eh code and directly link it.

Geoff

• Options

Thanks for getting back to me.

Could you please explain why it should be a Request offering?

Let me explain you a bit a more:

So, at the moment on the Home page, we have:

We want to have another tile when we click direct us to our SharePoint page:

• Options

@Akshita_Jain
    Thats what the HomePage is. A list of "Service Offerings" each containing Request Offerings.

As i said, you have customised your homepage styling but those are still offerings of some sort.

Can you share screenshots of "All Service Offerings" and "All Request Offerings" form your SCSM console.

Geoff

• Options
    edited May 13

Hi Geoff,
    Here is the screenshot of "All Service Offerings" from our console:

And "All Request Offerings"

Thanks,

Akshita

• Options

Hi Akshita,

Thank for you for those. I'm really struggling to reconcile those with what you have showing on your homepage. There's no alignment - I cannot work out how the custom page you have built works.

I think you need to ask the person who wrote that custom homepage solution.

Geoff