Home Service Manager

Service accounts

Dean_MrazekDean_Mrazek Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi

We need to change the passwords for some Cireson portal service accounts in AD as well as the account for the orchestrator.

The accounts affected are:

Service Account used by the Cireson Portal Cache Builder Service

Service Account used by the Cireson Portal Web Service

Service Manager Orchestrator service account

If these passwords were changed in AD, would I need to update these accounts anywhere in the service manager console and/or Cireson portal settings?

Best Answer

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dean_Mrazek,

I think two are easy:

Just re-run the Cireson Poral installer and provide new values for these account passwords. The installer will take care of everything.

Ad for Service Manager Orchestrator service account, it could be trickier but start with the SCOrch services on that server and the IIS app pools on that box.
    Also check the SCSM Run As Accounts to see if that one is listed there and update the password.

Geoff

Answers

Answer ✓

Hi @Dean_Mrazek,

I think two are easy:

Just re-run the Cireson Poral installer and provide new values for these account passwords. The installer will take care of everything.

Ad for Service Manager Orchestrator service account, it could be trickier but start with the SCOrch services on that server and the IIS app pools on that box.
    Also check the SCSM Run As Accounts to see if that one is listed there and update the password.

Geoff

• Dean_MrazekDean_Mrazek Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Geoff! Is it ok to also change the accounts that the Cireson Portal uses for the service accounts?

Hi Dean,

Yes, just re-run the Cireson Poral installer and provide new values for these account passwords. The installer will take care of everything.

Geoff

• Dean_MrazekDean_Mrazek Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Geoff, thanks again!

Just ran this in our dev environment but I got the below warning. Is this something I need to be especially concerned about?

"Failed to update Database owner CiresonAnalytics on DATABASE_SERVER\DATABASE_INSTANCE_NAME: The proposed new database owner is already a user or aliased in the database."

No, you can ignore that warning.