Home Analytics

Global Search and indexing the new data

Bart_LevingBart_Leving Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are using the Global Search and as far as I am aware it is using the Platform cache service to find all the needed information.

But I was wondering how does this work in the backend if we add a new class with properties, does the Platform cache search the Cireson database right away to index this data or is it added to a schedule? Can this be read from a logfile or eventlogs?

I would like know if we can expect performance issues if we would add a lot of new classes and / or properties to the Global Search configuration during peak usage of the system.

Best Answer

• James_NuamahJames_Nuamah Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited June 20 Answer ✓

Hello Bart,

Good questions. When you add a new class in the Global Search Settings, the changes will not be made until you click the 'Rebuild' button.

If you add a lot of new classes/properties, there will be a brief hit on performance after you click 'Rebuild'. This will trigger the platform to restart and be down for a few minutes. Then, when it's back up, it will build an index with the new data. The time this takes will depend on the amount of data that has been added. During this time, the system will be up but could be slow.

Once the index has been built, the performance will be back to normal.

Answers

• James_NuamahJames_Nuamah Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited June 20 Answer ✓

Hello Bart,

Good questions. When you add a new class in the Global Search Settings, the changes will not be made until you click the 'Rebuild' button.

If you add a lot of new classes/properties, there will be a brief hit on performance after you click 'Rebuild'. This will trigger the platform to restart and be down for a few minutes. Then, when it's back up, it will build an index with the new data. The time this takes will depend on the amount of data that has been added. During this time, the system will be up but could be slow.

Once the index has been built, the performance will be back to normal.

• Bart_LevingBart_Leving Customer IT Monkey ✭

James, thank you for your clarification on the workings of the Global Search.

If we have a lot of modifications to the settings, we will schedule it outside of peak hours.