I have installed the Cireson Portal and when I try to open it in the browser, I am getting the error "401: unauthorized Access is denied due to invalid credentials"
I am following the instruction from Cireson Knowledge base and following this link (https://community.cireson.com/discussion/680/walk-through-portal-deployment-example-part-2)
Is there any step I am missing out. As per the link provided, It says that Group mapping only needs to be done after the portal licensing.
Please help out.
Can you confirm that the app-pool account is a local admin or has read\write access so it can access C:\inetpub\ciresonportal ?
Also is the user you are trying to open the portal with a member of a SCSM role such as administrator or end user?
App-pool account has read/write access to application directory.
The error message we are getting now is " The Authenticated user does not have access to a resource needed to process the request."
I had to make sure IUSR had read access to the Cireson folders.
I checked above mentioned permissions and they all are set and I can visit the website via http://localhost. When I try to add a hostheader to the site like http://myscsm.domain.com it keeps throwing 401.1 error
HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
Most likely causes:
Things you can try:
I tried to add SPNs but still no luck.
- Verify that the username and password are correct, and are not cached by the browser.
- Use a different username and password.
- If you are using a custom anonymous account, verify that the password has not expired.
- Verify that the authenticating user or the user's group, has not been denied login access to the server.
- Verify that the account was not locked out due to numerous failed login attempts.
- If you are using authentication and the server is a member of a domain, verify that you have configured the application pool identity using the utility SETSPN.exe, or changed the configuration so that NTLM is the favored authentication type.
- Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
Can someone help please?
If you use SSMS (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio) then you can Database Engine Connect to your database server and then open the Cireson ServiceManagement database and under Tables you can right click dbo.LastModified and choose "Select 1000 rows" to see when it has last synced, and also to make sure there are entries you can do the same with the dbo.CI$User table, a user cannot connect if it doesn't exist in the table.
Other than that, can you confirm what authentication is enabled on the Server in IIS > Sites > CiresonPortal > Authentication
The other thing I could perhaps think of is that the AppPool account may not have the correct login credentials entered in during the install phase.
Thank you for pointing me there. Novice with the portal. This looks bad.
2017-02-22 02:21:14,136, ERROR [ 5]: Error connecting to management server: The requested security package does not exist
There was no upgrade involved. The files come down fully extracted with no blocking. I downloaded again and there were more files. I am going with an incomplete download since everything works now. Thank you all for your help.