Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Hotfixes Packaged Into Executable + Cumulative for Cireson Portal

Working onsite with my customers, I’ve noticed that Cireson hotfix process is open [prone] to human error.  The hotfixes should be packaged into an executable that includes cumulative versions.  One mistake in backing up/copying or not using correct upgrade path results in major downtime. 
26 votes

Completed · Last Updated

ClickOnce application now available in all future releases :). See https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1345#/ for more information.

Comments

• Ian_GlennIan_Glenn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Agreed, the hotfix process is very error prone.
  • Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We struggled with this as well (8 portals load balanced). I ended up developing a simple powershell script that extracts the files from a zip and copies them in-place into the Cireson install folder. Only pre-condition is you need to create a zip (see line 7) that only contains the files to patch. You'll need to author your own .zip file from your hotfix files (I've attached a screenshot of what the 5.0 zip file looks like in winzip for reference).

I've attached the script in case anyone wants to re-use it. It works just fine with 4.0.10 as well as 5.0.5.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears I can't formally +1 your post @Jerry_Veldhuis . So here's +2 :smile:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It appears I can't formally +1 your post @Jerry_Veldhuis . So here's +2 :smile:
    You can def up-vote which is the greatest form of a +1 that can be given ;)

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having both options available would be great. An option to download the source files and an option to download the executable. 
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    In the age where applications handle their own updates and cloud services where I never see an upgrade, any enhancement to the manual upgrade process is a good one.
This discussion has been closed.