Home Analyst Portal
Options

Change Request Extensions - how to display on Self Service Portal

Kevin_LynchKevin_Lynch Customer IT Monkey ✭

We have customized our Change Request form to add 5 additional fields: Reason, Implementation type (linked to Support groups), Change Tested, Include in CCB Agenda, and Known Defects.  We would like to have these included on the Change Request when submitted on the Self Service Portal.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Below are screenshots of how this looks in the console.

Secondly, once we would like the Implementation type (Support group) to populate the CR in the Team Request View so this mimics the console.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Kevin

This can be done by creating a custom form for the ChangeRequest.JS more on how to do this can be found in the below KB article:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51

Heres a basic example of creating a custom form:

For change requests you would just need to extend your class to have a support group then map your list values to AD groups.

Hope that helps! 
    Regards
    Joe

1.png 23.9K
  • Options
    Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows
    Joe, in the video you have a task for Assign to Analyst by Group.  How did you get that task into the portal?  I have been looking to get this done for some time now.  Thanks.
  • Options
    @Joe_Burrows
    Joe, in the video you have a task for Assign to Analyst by Group.  How did you get that task into the portal?  I have been looking to get this done for some time now.  Thanks.
    Hi Eric

This is an out of box task, you should have it by default with the portal. 

If your not seeing it double check it hasn't been hidden in a customization.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Is there a possibility, that when I use in portal option from task menu "assign analyts by a group" when support group is select, it will be automaticly set this group?

Also do I need that AD group should have the same names as in Support group list? In AD we have policy that names cannot have blank spaces in name eg. "Marek Lefek" so we create as "Mare_Lefek" But it don;t look well in portal

• Options
    Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Joe_Burrows, you say that it is OOB, but I just don't see that.  Are there multiple ways of hiding it? I don't see anything in any of the custom.js files that would have hidden it.  Thanks.

• Options
    Custom.JS would be the place, may be best to log it via support and see if they can help track down where the task as gone.