Home Analyst Portal
Options

More than one SMTP address in Send Mail Task

Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to ask how the e-mail address is chosen when using the "Send Mail" task on a user with more than one SMTP notification object.

Because currently we have some external users, who have an external mail address added as SMTP notification object in SCSM, but also an internal Mail address, because they need an E3 license for work. Whenever someone uses the Send Mail task on such a user, the internal mail address is chosen automatically, which sometimes leads to "problems". As with the SMLet Exchange connector the affected user gets chosen based on the notification object, the internal user is set as affected user, even when the mail was sent from the external address. I really like this feature and also extended it in some points.

But as mentioned before this doesn't work so well with the send mail. So how is the mail address chosen? And is there a way to use both of them? or even better, let the analyst chose which email shall be used, when ever the system finds 2 SMTP objects?

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.

Hi Simon,

I think its the usual SCSM way of "just pick the first one you find!". Did you find any work around?

Geoff

• Options
    Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

@Geoff_Ross Sort of. I manipulated the Connector that way, that it will add the external mail address to the internal user object, when the mail address, which sent the mail, equals the address in an extensionattribute inside our user AD User Class.

Still no way to add more than one address to the send mail task :(