Looking at the Licensing App, it would be nice if I could see if there are updates (same as seeing that the licenses are ok) and able to check them to update them with a single click (or opt-in for autoupdate - like Windows Update)
(Please note that I had started this in version 5 of the portal, but Cireson changed their coding in version 6 forcing me to redo all of it. So the code shown below will only work with version 6.)
For anyone who is interested here is how I got my offering to have 3 columns instead of 1.
For anyone wondering about why I did my coding as I did here is a bit more in depth explanation:
</td> <td style=" max-width: 25%; white-space: nowrap; padding-left:5px;">department
- I closed the previous cell in this line so that the text box appears under Title
- I user the max-width so that each of my elements fit and I have some responsiveness to resizing
- white-space: nowrap is used to stop the text from wrapping too soon in the cell (if you play with the True/False you will see what I mean)
- padding-left:5px is used for the spacing between the text boxes
</td> </tr><tr><td>Type of Incident:</td></tr> <tr> <td style=" ">
Unauthorized/improper use</td> <td style="white-space:nowrap; ">
Unauthorized Access</td> <td style="white-space:nowrap; ">
Computer security hack/attack</td> </tr> <tr><td style="white-space:nowrap; ">
- When I move in to the True/False checkboxes you will note that I have moved the location of my coding, the row and cell tags are now in the row before the text - this is so that the checkbox appears before the text
Hope this helps some one.
In a previous (non-ITSM mind you) solution I used, when an analyst added a comment or replied to a work item, the work item automatically changed from Active to Pending. On the flip side, when the item was updated by the end user, the work item would change from Pending to Active. Or, if the item was Resolved or Closed, it would change the item back from that status over to Active. I could perhaps see some issue for customers that use a Data Warehouse to house previously closed incidents, but could still be a useful feature nonetheless.
Would love to have something similar built as a potential feature in the Portal or even as an SCSM app!
If we could customize them to show as "LastName, FirstName (UserName)" or "LastName, FirstName (Office)", for example, this would eliminate the problem.
Could this be a setting in the admin configuration, perhaps?