An example is creating a search for Incidents assigned to a Support Group.
If the Support Group (Incident Tier Queue list) has child items and you want to create a search that returns all Incidents that are assigned to any member of a parent tier queue, currently, you have to create a filter for each child queue.
The same occurs for Categories if there is a multi tier category list.
A helpful search type for this example would be "Is child of" and "= or is child of"
To illustrate the point, we have a mix of OOB and custom tasks that would still be useful with closed CRs:
- Print (Ever needed to produce a change record for an audit response, anyone?)
- Time zone conversion table (displays all date/time fields in other time zones where we have offices--I would love to re-write this as an inline feature within the form itself, but this was easier to implement)
- Activity history--thanks for the code!
- Copy this change (not having this is causing our users the most grief!)
- Paging (lets users move from tab to tab without scrolling back to the top)