Home Analyst Portal

Upgrade to SSP v6.0.1 - You have deselected the option of installing the database...

Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
I've just updated my test environment from v3.8 -> v4.0 -> v5.0 and now I'm working on 5.0 -> v6.0.  I'm getting the attached warning when I launch the installer for v6.0 and I'm not sure how to proceed.  I've got the database installed on a remote server and the upgrade from 3.8 -> 4.0 -> 5.0 all went fine.  For an upgrade from v5.0 to v6.0 do you need to reinstall the DB? 

Thanks,
Jerrett

Best Answer

Answers

• Jerrett_FergusonJerrett_Ferguson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Just to clarify, on the upgrades from v3.8 -> v4 -> v5 I have always deselected the database install.  Is that the wrong procedure?  I only have one SSP server with the database on a remote server. 
    To clarify/question further, I leave the cache builder option selected.  I see that during previous upgrades it uninstalls and then re-installs the cache builder service.  Is that the proper procedure or should I deselect the cache builder option also? 
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yes - Cireson recently started advertising this (as seen above) as installing the DB is required to upgrade the stored procedures that the portal needs to run. @Brett_Moffett and @Conner_Wood recently had the identical discussion and the message you see is more than likely the outcome of said excahnge.

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/2347#Comment_2347

edited September 2016
    Thank you for that link.  I saw a similar thread that highlighted that box from Brett Moffet.  I have to agree, that information needs to be added to the documentation! 

On my production environment, I recently went from v3.7 -> v3.8 and I left the "Install Database" option unchecked.  Is that going to cause me any problems down the road? 

In my test environment, I went from v3.7 -> v3.8 -> v4.0 -> v5.0 without selecting the "Install Database" option.  I finished the upgrade to v6.0 and did select the "install database" option and it completed fine. Should i roll back my test environment (database and VM) and go through the upgrade process again?