Home Analyst Portal
Options

Search function knowledge base

Mathias_VandendriessMathias_Vandendriess Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hi,
where does the search function from the knowledge base search in the articles?
I'm asking this because I look for a word that I wrote in a KB title, but when I search on that wordt the KB article does appear in the results

I search for this word, but get no result

As you can see there is a knowledge article that has that word in the Title:

And in the knowledge article the word can be found also:

Comments

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this happen for any other words? 

Out of curiosity what does that word mean in English? I tried Google translate, but it came up with no translation. 
  • Options
    I've noticed that this happens with KB articles we've added after upgrading to portal V6.0

the word 'Baremawijzer' is something specific. It's a site we use to check what the minimum wage is for a temp
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you currently have a valid support agreement, Please log this as a support case so we can look in to the issue and see if there is a known issue.
  • Options
    If you currently have a valid support agreement, Please log this as a support case so we can look in to the issue and see if there is a known issue.
    Our partner opened a ticket for this problem (IR55773)
  • Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect.
    One of our friendly staff will be in touch with your partner soon.
  • Options
    Perfect.
    One of our friendly staff will be in touch with your partner soon.
    Hi still no solution for our problem
  • Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We have not be able to reproduce this in our test environments and I confirmed that a Support Engineer is activily working the Incident.  Please let me know if you have any further questions for the community.

Thanks
  • Options
    I've been contacted by someone from the cireson staff and he found a problem in a stored procedure. The fix is implemented for me, but is logged with cireson as a bug
  • Options
    I have the same issue again with the KB.
    I have an article with keyword 'Concept' but can't find the related KB article when I search it.
    (steekwoorden = key words)

my search (Geen resultaten = No results)

I don't seem to find any articles
  • Options
    Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I have a similar problem. Users may not know exactly what to search for or the name of the article. For example if I have a KA that is called Hypergene, the user can't search for example Hyper. If they do that the search will bring them no result. However if I enter a keyword Hyper in the KA, then the search will return the article. To me it looks like the search function is doing a match word check instead of contains which would be much better especially for those users that aren't exactly sure of how a specific word is spelled. Is there any way to change the search function?