Home Notify Analyst

Review Activity, Notify Analyst Function Not Sending

David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi,

I have a feeling that this may be something really simple, but I'm struggling to find what's wrong.

I'm starting to get to grips with Review Activities on Service Requests in Cireson. I've got the review activities set up and working. But I can't seem to get the "Notify Analyst" feature to send the emails out for RA's.

The Notify Analyst Function is working fine for the standard Incidents and Service Requests Notifications, but when allocating RA's it doesn't kick in.

Images below of how it's set up and a SR with RA that's not working.

Do I have to refresh anything to make them start working?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only fires off the Notification when it changes to In-Progress.
    To force a change to test that Skip the activity and then return. 
    Or return to the previous activity and complete it again.
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    It should also fire when you add a reviewer. Can you test by adding yourself to a test RA?
  • David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi Brian & Billy, unfortunately neither worked, I had tried that earlier, but just tried again now and still no email.

It's weird as like I say it's fine for other types of notify analyst jobs.

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @David_Johnsen, I know this sounds a bit wild but we've seen cases where we need to restart the SCSM services and clear the health state folder at times for notification workflow updates to take effect - I'm not saying this will be the fix but it may certainly be worth a try.
    Cheers @jonathan_Boles I'll give that a try!
    edited April 2017
    Hi,
    We've now done those steps, but still no emails for the Review Activity. I'm sure it must be something I've not done quite right. I'm assuming the Notification "Targeted Class" should be review activity?

I think my only other option is to add a send email step to the runbook.
    OK, found the issue!
    I wasn't aware of the Workflow status on Service Manager, found this:

System.ArgumentException: This workflow is disabled in the free edition of the Notify Analyst app....

I believe we do have the Pro version, as we have the RA sections etc. and the Licence shows in the licence app:

Any ideas on either how I confirm 100% that we have the Pro version, and if so, how I convince our instance of Cireson that we have it! :smile:

I'm thinking I may now need to contact Cireson support?
    Recommend to "trace" down where the issue is. Appears that you have verified you have the pro installed and licensed (BTW if free is installed the available options are much less) 
    Next I would check SCSM workflows to see if they workflow is getting triggered
    In workflow status admin verify they are enabled and check if there are any that need attention 

Use this to determine your next step. 
    If working enabled logging in Notify analyst general settings
    If not working review SCSM configuration/Notify settings. Could be the health state service or an issue with the mpsync jobs.

Yeh that's where I found the error above, it is triggering, but failing as it thinks we don't have Pro:

The error in all of them is as below:

System.ArgumentException: This workflow is disabled in the free edition of the Notify Analyst app. at Cireson.Assignment.Workflows.ReviewerNotification.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime) at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

They do show as Enabled:

ah yes, they mismatch!
    That has bit me a few times as well during upgrades :)
    Working now, thanks!!