Requiring all reviewers to vote in a review activity
Is there a way to allow all reviewers in a Review Activity to vote before going to complete or failed? I have tried using different combinations of Must Vote, Has Veto, and various percentages. It seems once the percent threshold is reached or the Has Veto voter rejects, then the Status of the Review Activity is updated without the other approvers voting. The idea behind this is to allow everyone to comment and vote, because sometimes multiple systems are involved in a change, and the different system owners need to weigh in on the Change.
Hello Konstantin, I already tried not having Has Veto on any reviewers and selecting Must Vote on everyone before posting this discussion. Once it hit the percent threshold, it went to failed or complete. How do you weight the votes differently?
I don't believe that's possible natively in SCSM, but of the top of my head, you could do something like this:
There's probably some pitfalls it this, but I think that with something among those lines, you should be able to achieve what you need. You are of course welcome to ask, if you need any elaboration, help with implementing it or anything.
- Set the approval condition to percentage and the approval percentage to 1% (not sure if this would be necessary, but just to make sure, that the approval percentage is met later on).
- Add all reviewers which must vote.
- Add a last reviewer as a system account, which Must Vote (this should prevent SCSM from processing the activity)
- Monitor the RA with Orchestrator or Powershell, and keep checking whether all reviewers have voted.
- When your runbook / PS script detects that all reviewers has voted, process the votes "manually" in the runbook / PS, and update the RA accordingly.
Have you tried using the Unanimous option in the Approval Condition field.
I have this activated on some templates, which does away with the % or the Must Vote & Veto, as everyone has to vote positively in order for it to go through.