Home Self-Service Portal - Community
image IT Monkey:   

Formal Cireson Support (phone, email, and web) is not included with the free Self-Service Portal – Community app. For trouble shooting assistance, take advantage of the Cireson Community to find answers to your questions. However, if you’d like to purchase a Support Package to access more formal Cireson Support (phone, email, and web), please contact us today to learn more on the pricing options.

Problem with Cache Builder Service. Group not found: cn=Support

Hi experts Monkeys... I have a Problem with Cache Builder Service, the event viewer  show "Group not found: cn=Support" my SSP is a Second SCSM Management Server... can you tell me if I need TCP port comunication to Active Directory or how to test the comunication between SSP (Cache Builder) and the Active Directory Service...  In Advance Thanks

Gabriel Armenta

Best Answers

Answers

• Gabriel_ArmentaGabriel_Armenta Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Katie... I have a acces to Active Directory from 2nd Management Server where Cache Builder Is Run..

Send you a Image with Powershell results..

The Cache builder Account are on Domain and are Local Admin and SCSM Admin...
    Yes... is the same...

What more can I check??
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft Support provided me with SQL commands that can force a Full AD sync on the connector. I was running into some group issues and this resolved it.

To do a FULL AD connector synchronization you need to reset the watermark on the AD connector.  Steps below:

-- Execute the following SQL Query to find the DataSourceID number for the AD Connector that is used to bring the users into SM

Use ServiceManager

Select * from LFX.datasource

-- Update the line below replacing # with the corresponding AD connector DataSourceID from above to reset the AD Watermark 

-- for that connector.  The Next AD Synchornization performed will be a FULL synchronization.   Will take a lot longer to run

exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] #,'erroroutput'

From the Service Manager Console select the AD Connector and then click "Synchronize Now".    

Thanks Brian ...

I have a 2 connectors... One to Users and the other to Groups.... This is the results of select consult:

Users DataSourceID number:
    346c96a8-e5ee-48d4-b707-5f6439475610

Groups DataSourceID number:
    1395390b-e433-4bf0-86d3-42ff5deaa234

where copy the DatasourceID???

You say in watermark... in the options of the connector the warter mark can´t edit... I need to edit by powershell??

Add Image of Connector Propieties

Update to
    Users 
    exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] 346c96a8-e5ee-48d4-b707-5f6439475610,'erroroutput'

Groups
    exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] 1395390b-e433-4bf0-86d3-42ff5deaa234,'erroroutput'
    Thanks Brian... I have a Error ... This es the Correct Result of select consult...

Again Thanks All
    This is the expected output. Now run your connector again and it will perform a full sync.
    Hello  Brian... I still in the problem... I research on my enviroment and detected a Despromo DC... this is the root cause of problem,,, How to config SCSM AD Connector to only work with my domian ... in my enviroment have 3 domains... and the AD connector still searching  a DC retired...
This discussion has been closed.