Home Analyst Portal

Parent / Child work items not working?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
In our environment when PARENT work items are closed, the CHILD work items are not closing.  I'm told that this is a known bug with the current version(s).

Cireson, any time frame on fixing this?

Answers

• James_AtanceJames_Atance Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

I am not aware of this being a bug, and dont have this issue in my labs.

Can you confirm that you have it set to auto close child incidents when a parent incident is resolved within the Incident Settings page in the SCSM Console?

James

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    When we close the parent ticket via the Cireson portal there is a checkbox asking us if we want to close the child tickets.  If we check the box or uncheck the box the child tickets are not closed.     

Checking on our SCSM Incident Settings, thank you for the tip.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jason_Meyer - There is a known issue around that checkbox in the portal if your Incident Settings are set to "Let the Analyst Decide".  Like @James_Atance said, if you set your Incident Settings to 'Automatically Resolve Child...", that will work.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman I just had this issue show up in 11.3.0.2016. When it didn't work at first I changed the setting item to 'Automatically. . .'. It still didn't resolve the child incidents. I resolved the parent in the console and the child incidents were all resolved.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nick_Flint - Raise an IR please. We'll raise a PR for it. Thanks!

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Is it possible, that the Child Work Item logic is bugged?

In Portal version 11.6 it is no longer possible to unlink a Child Incident from the parent. If you click on the "unlink" symbol, the prompt appears, and after you confirm, the link to the parent incident diseappears - But after Saving or Applying, the Child Incident is still linked to the parent. A quick view into the history shows, that the relationship got never deleted.

Also in the Parent Incident form, when going to the Related Items tab, no Child Incidents are shown whatsoever - even if some are linked to it.