Home Service Manager

Create Status Service Request

Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello, tell me who worked with this. It is necessary to create new statuses in the SCSM (I know how to do it). It is necessary to create a workflow that will process these new statuses - this is the problem. Perhaps someone has a workflow template? For example, you need to create the status "assigned" and change the status of the request when assigning an analyst to it by the "assigned user" criterion has changed to ...
I will be grateful for any help 

Comments

• Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Is it possible to edit the standard workflow "Service request status change"?
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is possible without changing the default workflow. You can follow these steps:

In Library->Lists->Service Request Status add new Status for what you are after (in this case we'll create 'Assigned'
    In Library->Templates Create a new template that has no information in it except change the status to the new 'Assigned' status (this is the tricky part, you'll need to find a way to add the status to the template either by modifying the XML or extending the tasks to be able to change the status. The GUID for the new status will be unique to your environment)
    In Administration->Workflows->Configuration->Service Request Event Workflow Add a new Event
    Go through the Wizard as you normally would, but set the Check for Events from New to Updated, and set the criteria to check for the event when an empty Assigned field is updated to not be empty
    Do any other changes you require, then save and test! 
  • Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is possible without changing the default workflow. You can follow these steps:

In Library->Lists->Service Request Status add new Status for what you are after (in this case we'll create 'Assigned'
    In Library->Templates Create a new template that has no information in it except change the status to the new 'Assigned' status (this is the tricky part, you'll need to find a way to add the status to the template either by modifying the XML or extending the tasks to be able to change the status. The GUID for the new status will be unique to your environment)
    In Administration->Workflows->Configuration->Service Request Event Workflow Add a new Event
    Go through the Wizard as you normally would, but set the Check for Events from New to Updated, and set the criteria to check for the event when an empty Assigned field is updated to not be empty
    Do any other changes you require, then save and test! 
    Hi, Tony_Collett  thank you for your help, but I already did this approach, it does not quite solve the problem, because when you work with the default workflow, the request from new goes into in progress. It is necessary for me that a request from New to be transferred to Asained and when the activity in the request changes to the status in progress the request must also go to in progress, to solve this task I need to fully customize the workflow, at this stage I was able to stop the standard workflow using
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2011/07/07/disabling-workflows-with-overrides/#comment-300635

It's not so easy to write your Workflow and I'm looking for tools or templates for any information that will be useful to me in this development